Thursday, November 12, 2009

Let's Talk Poop

I talked to my 4 year old grandson on the phone today and he asked if I knew what Holy Ghost wind was and I said no. He said it’s when the Holy Ghost farts, he then laughed hysterically. I had never thought about the Holy Ghost farting…
What is it about kids and bodily functions? They love talking about them, especially poop. Walk up to any group of preschoolers and just say poop and they will all start giggling.
One day I was playing outside with Lucas (he was 3 at the time) and when we were done I told him I was going home to go to the bathroom. It was a really nice day so most neighbors were outside doing their thing and Lucas waits till I get a couple of houses down from his and he yells really loud “NANA WHERE ARE YOU GOING?” mind you I told him where I was going. I yell back, not quite as loud, “home” he responds “WHY?” I respond “cause I have to go to the bathroom” Lucas says “ARE YOU GONNA POOP?” all my neighbors seem to look at me, and I yell back “NO!” but the truth is I was gonna poop. I got embarrassed and lied right there in public, like none of my neighbors poop.
You may be asking yourself where is she going with this. Good question.
Let’s talk poop. Right now the poop is hitting the fan in some people’s lives. They are going through some really tough times, some self induced some not. The thing is we don’t want to talk about it. Like no one else has bad times. Why is that?
One reason is you mention your poop to the wrong person and they’ll start yelling about it to everyone and you get embarrassed or ashamed because you don’t want everyone knowing your poop. So now not only do you stink but everyone knows it.
We don’t have to worry if we’re Christians because you know if you got poop we’re here to help you clean it up right?
Oh how I wish that were true but as you know it’s not.
We have worked hard at becoming who people think we are and we don’t want to ruin that. So we either lie to ourselves or the people around us until one day the poop hits the fan and you have no choice but to deal with it.
Proverbs 12:9 better to be a nobody and yet have a servant than pretend to be somebody and have no food.
I think people who pretend to be a somebody are people who think their poop doesn’t stink. We all mess up, the more the poop the bigger the clean up. But it’s at the moment that the poop hit’s the fan that our true colors show. Is our talk about love, mercy, forgiveness and grace true or are we full of poop?
I think the only thing the devil loves more than when we screw up is when our so called church family treats us like poop.
Proverbs 12:18 reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

I pray we will be there for each other in times of need. It’s when we stink the most that we need each other the most. We need healing so we can get through a dark time in our life and if we confess and repent than no one but God is allowed to bring up the poop.
Isaiah 43:25 “I even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake and remembers your sins no more.”
Gems, if we’re not part of the healing we’re part of the poop.
Don’t talk poop.

Gena’s Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment