Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'll Second That


I had an interesting conversation with my friend Paige yesterday. I was giving her the latest update on the awesome things my sweet Jesus is doing for me (giving my testimony) and she told me about a teaching she heard on the word testimony. I was really intrigued by it so now you will hear it :)
The word testimony from the Hebrew translation:
Word Origin
from ud
Definition
testimony
Original Word: עוּד
Transliteration: uwd
Phonetic Spelling: (ood)
Short Definition: admonish A primitive root; to duplicate or repeat
WOW to duplicate or repeat! I had no idea that was part of the meaning of the word testimony. This is why you need people smarter than you so you can learn important lessons. I'm not taking credit for being that person I'm just repeating it.
I have always thought of giving my testimony as praising God for what He's done or is doing in my life and I'm sure you have thought the same. To me it's always been one of those Christianeeze words (not sure that's a word) However I never thought of giving my testimony as a negative expression but I guess it could be.
If I were to testify things like, I never get ahead, I never have any money, I will never have a baby or spouse. I will never lose weight or get a job or buy a car. You get what I'm saying. These are the testimonies your making or speaking over your life. So if the words of my testimony can duplicate or repeat I'm just speaking the same bad stuff over me again and again. Interesting thought hu?
Now if we flip that to, God always works things out for me or meets all my needs, loves me unconditionally, gives me favor in all situations etc. Same process. My testimony will repeat or duplicate because that's the Hebrew meaning which is the meaning God intended for it to be. Paige said something else I really liked, she's like that. She said in this teaching she learned you could hear a persons testimony and receive it or duplicate it in your life as well! I'm diggin that.
Before you write me off I want you to think of some of the phrases we hear and use like birds of a feather flock together, it takes one to know one, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Why do we say those things? It's because we see the same results or traits in one person as another. They repeat the same behavior or characteristics so we lump them together. Am I right? They have the same testimony.
OK so now that we are on the same page with Paige ha ha couldn't resist.
I want to give you my most recent testimony.
As you know I do assignments for the Lord and some pay and some don't so I rely on God to take care of me and my family. How He does that each month is NEVER the same which took some getting used to. One of the many things I love about God is He loves to show off and I love to be blessed. It's a win win.
So it's the 30th of the month and my rent is due on the 1st and I need 250 more dollars to pay it. I'm laying in my bed just reminding God of the date cause you know He might be using the Hebrew calender and it's not the same as ours. I remind Him He needs to pay the bills and He reminds me He's got it so I go to sleep. The next morning my phone rings and it's my sister who I just recently reconnected with telling me she's coming to see me and by the way she has $250.00 she needs to give me. Amen
A few days later my car insurance and other small bills are due. I have no debt so it's just my living expenses the Lord needs to cover. My insurance is going to cancel in 4 days and I can't wait to see how God is going to handle that. Did I mention He's a show off?
My daughter Amanda and my friend Cathy and I decide to go to a local flea market and just walk around. As I'm getting ready to leave I'm looking for a small purse to carry, among the many purses I own, and think to myself it would be nice to have a small purse to carry my keys and glasses in. I didn't need a small purse and I wasn't praying for one it was just a thought that went through my head. OK so we are at the flea market (not the best products but it's a day out and I don't have money to spend on this particular day) I'm looking around and come across this little black leather purse and I think this is exactly what I want. It's only a quarter so I buy it. I get home that night and take out a black sharpie to color in the worn spots, put my stuff in it and go off to church a happy camper. The next morning I'm taking my stuff out of it and I open a little zipper part, you know the lipstick compartment, and what do you think I find???? Two crisp brand new One Hundred dollar bills! Thank you Jesus the bills are paid!!! I love that it was in the lipstick compartment cause where do you put lipstick? On your lips, it was like Jesus was meeting my needs and also giving me a big ole kiss right on the lips. That “big ole” comment is for you southern gems xoxo.
Ya know if I had money to spend that day I may not have bought that purse. It was really old and worn and if I was going to buy one it would have been a newer one. God used my circumstances to be grateful for a 25 cent purse having no idea there was a treasure inside.
Gems my testimonies are the same every month and they come straight from the Bible.
Matthew 6:31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Gems if your walking in obedience and trusting God He will do what He testifies and He will duplicate and repeat it everyday!
Think about what your testifying. What's coming out of your mouth? Do you want it to continue? Do you want your friends or loved ones to accept your testimony and repeat it in their lives?
I pray you will listen to the words that come out of your mouth. I pray you will share the awesome things God is doing in your life with others. Both the hard testimonies of trials and tribulations to encourage others and the praise reports that come from those trials. I'm giving you permission to 2nd my testimony I have shared with you today to duplicate and repeat it in your life! Make your testimony a positive one!

No comments:

Post a Comment