Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Ending 2017 blessed

Well Gems 2017 is coming to an end and with every ending comes a new beginning!

I thought I would catch you up on some of the amazing miracles the Lord has performed over this year. It's my way of praising God and hopefully encouraging us both.

Just to recap my last job ended in March and once again I have been living on complete financial faith, meaning no source of income other than what the Lord sends through His people. There are so many miracles involved and I'm trying to keep this short so I will fast forward to October.

I have learned on this journey that when the "brook begins to dry up" it is time for a change. What I mean by that is when the supernatural provision God is using to supply ALL your needs begins to diminish He is getting ready for a natural change. For me that usually means I'm getting ready to move.

I want you to know that I THOUGHT for sure I would be staying in the apartment I was currently living in for the past 15 months for a while. I even painted the bathroom and had a new bathtub put in because I was sure I would be settled there for a few years. It was the first time in a while I felt "at home." I shared that assumption with family and close friends and we all exhaled a sigh of relief as we humans yearn for stability and not going to lie the thought of another move was overwhelming to me.

But God had other plans, as I said the brook was drying up. I had no way of paying my rent for November without God's provision. I prayed and prayed and spent hours going over the past 2 years asking the Lord if I missed something? Had I messed up? I knew if there was a mix up it was on my end not His. I prayed, fasted, cried, whined and I'm sorry to say flat out complained for weeks.

It seemed the Lord was SILENT! The Holy Spirit had no problem telling me not to forget my keys but where I would live did not seem a priority to talk about. REALLY! I had others praying for me as well and the only word I got back was “peculiar.” Well it wasn't helpful but it did sum up most of my life.

There was no other option so with the Lord's leading I went to the manager to give my 30 day notice. Whether we like the assignment or not God does things in an orderly manner and handles every situation in a way that honors Him. One of the many parts I was struggling with was, how does this honor Him for me to break a lease?

This meant I would need to pay a cancellation fee for breaking the lease and 3 days of rent as I would not be out until November 3rd which I felt was a waste of God's money and did I mention I still did not know where I was going...

I decided I would give all the office staff a copy of Gena's Jewels the day I went in to speak to the manager as they are such a great group of men and women and I have always enjoyed my time at this complex. I handed them to one sweet lady and asked her to pass them out, I had no idea this was part of honoring God's plan.

A few days later I stopped by the office to get paint to repaint the bathroom. When I walked in the lady I gave the books to announced “this is Gena the woman who wrote the book I gave you guys.” I was then so humbled by the sweet comments they each were making. Honestly I was at such a low point in my walk I didn't think anyone would even read the books.

Before I left the manager asked to see me. I felt like I was being called into the principles office. I assumed it was about breaking my lease and of course asking where the money was but to my surprise it was not. This is when I met Robert who I introduced you to in my last jewel Shallow Roots, if you haven’t read it do so it's a great testimony of the power of God.

Robert didn't want to talk about money he wanted to thank me for my book! I didn't even know he got a copy. He wanted me to sign it! God has such a way of validating us when we feel so unworthy, to be honest Gems when I entered that office I felt like a total looser, signing a book was the last thing on my mind.

Robert was also a believer and we went on to speak about the things of God. I did bring up money and explained I had none at the moment. He was so kind and said we could set up a payment plan and I could pay $5 a month if I needed to until it was paid off.

This did not sit well with me so I asked Robert to write on a sticky note how much I owed, which he did, it was like $716. I told him I would bring it home and show it to my God and let Him know it would need to be handled before I left on the 3rd.

I then got the paint to make sure the apartment was as I found it on my departure and thank the maintenance team for all their hard work. I was driving back to the apartment when I heard the Lord say “This is how I'm honored. The way my children who represent me to the world act when circumstances do not go how they planned can honor or dishonor me.”

I had never thought about it that way.

I put that sticky note on the frig and began to pray for finances and of course my next destination with a grateful heart and did my best to lose all grumbling.... but the Lord continued to be silent.

My daughter Jessica and I were talking one day and she asked what I needed and I anxiously responded I need at least $2000.00 to pay off the apartment complex and get caught up on my bills, phone, electric, cable, car payment, car insurance. I needed to rent a truck to move my things and a place to put them. At that time I thought I would store my belongings in my eldest daughter's garage as I had no money for a storage unit.

Gems I was all in on this and had to stand on faith, I kept reciting one of the verses God gave me years ago.

2 Timothy 1:12 For this reason, even though I suffer as I do, I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him for that day.

Sometimes you may feel your the only one left believing and that by a thread, having faith in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. It was October 30 and I had 4 days left. The saying goes God is never late but does it always have to be down to the wire in my world??

On October 31st I got a word from Claver, my son-in-love that God gave him in a miraculous vision. I will share that with you one day but for now just know it blew my mind. It was not about my next natural destination but it was about my next assignment. I was still trying to process it when my phone rang, it was Jessica asking me to come by her house she had something for me. I thought what could she possibly have that would top what I had just experienced. My mind was whirling thinking about what I still needed and how was I possibly going to take on the next task with no provision.

When I got to Jessica's apartment I told her about the vision and how blown away I was and she said “well get ready to be more blown away” she then handed me an envelope and inside was 20 One Hundred dollar bills!



Exactly what I told her I needed to respectfully depart from my current mission. God was on the move.

On November first we drove to the U-Haul place with cash in hand to rent a truck.
Gems I can't make this stuff up, this was the name of the place



I put all my stuff in storage and stayed in the apartment my last 2 nights with a packed suitcase, sleeping on a cot and waiting for a destination.

I went to sleep Thursday night November 2nd and at 6:00 AM Friday morning, the day I had to officially be out, I got the following text from a sweet sister in the Lord who was in North Carolina at the time saying “so where are you staying these days?” She had no idea what a loaded question that was.

I replied "I have to be out of my apartment in a few hours and have no idea where I'm going."  She sent back the following message “we have a condo on the beach in Clearwater, it's completely furnished and available for 2 weeks if your interested.”

Finally a destination! Now Gems I was not looking for a 2 week destination, this had instability written all over it but this was the route the Lord was asking me to take. I ended up staying there for 17 days, 17 my favorite number. I had no idea how exhausted I was until I arrived. It was 17 days of rest, blessings and beauty.


I had the opportunity to reconnect with old friends in the area and I met so many awesome new friends during my visit. Before I left I was to experience yet another miracle of God's provision.
December was quickly approaching and I needed 2 car payments. My September payment was extended to December because of the recent hurricane which greatly helped in September, that's a story for another time, and now my December payment would be due as well.

The day before I was to leave my beach oasis my daughter Amanda came to see me with 2 of my grandsons and decided to spend the night (part of God's plan.) The next morning, 8:00 AM, I was busy cleaning the bathroom and Amanda went outside to enjoy the last minutes of the view. She saw a woman in the courtyard and they made eye contact. The woman gave Amanda a warm smile so Amanda said good morning, she then asked if she knew a woman named Gena Duran. Amanda replied, that's my mom. Only God!

Gems God's timing is so amazing, that in itself should prove He exist. How He orchestrates where people are at exactly the right time is nuts. This sweet woman's name is Linda and I met her at the church I was visiting and we became instant friends. She came into the condo and told my family how inspired she was by my journey and how that morning the Lord spoke to her and told her to find me and ask what I needed for my car.

Linda knew what resort I was at but had no idea what unit. God led her right to my daughter.

She then asked what I needed for my car and I said 2 car payments. She wrote me a check right there on the spot. God always provides when He sends you on a mission it just may not happen as you plan.

It's December 26th and I would like to tell you I have been given my destination but I haven't. My children have been great about letting me take turns staying with them but the Lord has made it clear they are temporary visits. I'm currently writing this jewel from my dear friend Beverly's in Odessa where I will be for the next few days. I will be going to Lake County Florida for a few weeks in January, I will speak at a right to life event but that is all I know for now.

I have made the following verse personal to me, Luke 22:31 Gena, Gena, satan has asked to sift you all as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Gena, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.

I'm thankful that my sweet Jesus prays for me especially when I feel sifted. I know I haven't handled everything I have experienced in a way that honors God but I'm moving forward. I realized the other day how many beautiful homes I have stayed in which would not have happened if I had a home.
I hope this jewel strengthens each of you on your journey. I know God will provide all that you need for your adventure.

Can't wait to see what 2018 brings, hopefully an address, I'll keep you posted!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, as always, the timing for this word was perfect for me! So encouraging.... I don't feel I've handled my waiting very well, but am so thankful we serve a God of mercy and grace. You're an inspiration sister, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You inspire me too sister. Iron sharpens iorn 💜

      Delete
  2. It is an encouragement hon. Thank you. Beautiful to see and to experience His plan unfold. He has the back stories and the bigger pictures in every place we find our feet. He allows us to bloom where we are but a new season is just around the bend where we'll be replanted in different soil with a fresh perspective and a call to uniquely unveil or reveal His glory for those before or around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you are always such a huge encouragement to so many of us. You are on my heart and in my prayers. I woul d love it if you could come to RH 1 Thursday while you are here. They are all home on Thursday. I woul d love to steal you away for a peanut butter sandwich. So excited to get ro see you. Love yiu friend.

      Delete
  3. Just read your blog. Loved it and love you!
    Thank you for the "nuggets" of truth. They either plant a seed to be revealed/confirmed later or to confirm something He's shown me that I KNOW makes sense but can't explain to anyone else... accept you!
    Your journeys have always helped me stay the course for mine. You're an inspiration, a gift from heaven, a faithful sister & friend to me & my family! I love you and appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete