Monday, May 6, 2024

Holy Spirit

 


Many people have difficulty understanding how the Holy Trinity works, The Father, Son and Holy Spirit being one. I’m one of those people.  I’m not sure how the miraculous God of the universe does things, however, I would like to share some of my personal relationship with the Holy Spirit.

I have always felt like the Holy Spirit is my best friend. Let’s look at what the Bible says regarding our relationship with the Holy Spirit.

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

John 14:25–26 “These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.”

These are awesome promises from God for all of us. For me, when I say the Holy Spirit is my best friend it goes to a different kind of level. It’s like a best friend, you know the one who knows all your deepest darkest secrets and still loves you. The one you call when you need to whine or laugh or flat-out cry. The one who lets you vent without judgement. This is the relationship we have. Here is a sample of a conversation I would have with the Holy Spirit.

Me: So, I wanna talk to you about something and I’m not ready for you to tell Jesus or God…. I mean I’m really struggling with this situation, and I know I’m not handling it well, but I’m really unnerved by the whole thing.

Holy Spirit: UH-HUH?

Me: What the heck! I feel like I have a valid point here and would appreciate it being acknowledged.

Holy Spirit: UH-HUH?

Me. I really appreciate you listening and understanding my position. Now can you help me figure it out and do the right thing, even though I’m not 100% wanting to.

Holy Spirit: Do I need to remind you how you won’t sleep and will beat yourself up way more than I will if we don’t handle this?

Me: Whatever

Holy Spirt: Does that mean you’re ready for my idea?

Me: UH-HUH

I know, very spiritual right? But it’s real. A best friend that ALWAYS not only knows the answers but uses God’s word for me without judgement is the best counseling session I could ask for.

Whether you find yourself battling addiction or life’s challenges in general, the Holy Spirit is your best friend. Sometimes we just don’t have words to express how we are feeling or are so overcome with emotion that our words can work against us.

Sometimes we don’t know what or how to pray and sometimes tears are our only defense. The Holy Spirit is a gift that Jesus died for us to have. God knew we needed more than mortal man to successfully walk out this life. He has provided a Spirit that speaks HIS language and His perfect will for us. Send him a friend request-he accepts them all!

Romans 8:26–27 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

2 comments:

  1. Gena, I love your explanation on the Trinity. We will know fully one day and we will have all the answers to all our questions. The Holy Spirit is my friend too. I am also grateful to know that he truly knows us and our hearts to serve him. I love you sweet lady. Love you and thanks for being the friend who always speaks truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too thanks for the encouragement

      Delete