Thursday, July 16, 2009

Here's Your Sign

When a friend and I first got our Real Estate license we hit the streets trying to get business. My friend saw a FSBO (For Sale by Owner) sign in someone’s yard and she was actively marketing this person to get the listing. After many flyers, letters and phone calls she finally got the owner on the phone and she went into her speal of why they should hire her to sell their home. When she finally stopped talking long enough for the owner to speak they thanked her for her enthusiasm and all her letters, postcards, ECT but they were not selling their home they were selling their CAR! We both had a good laugh and I’m sure they did too.
The Lord used this illustration to show me that sometimes He uses signs to try to get us to hear something He is saying.
I shared this scripture with you in another jewel but the Lord is using it again, He’s allowed to do that 
John 3:12 Message Bible If I tell you things that are as plain as the hand before your face and you don’t believe me, what use is there in telling you of things you can’t see, the things of God? I love that the Lord can give you so many teachings from the same verse.
I had a dream the Lord put a live bug in my ear. Even in the dream I was digging in my ear trying to get it out. When I woke up I still had the heebie geebies rubbing my ear and thinking about a bug being in it. I of course thought about the saying “bug in your ear” and how people give you information for you to be aware of. Over the next few days’ situations came up that the saying applied to but I still didn’t get the connection. Finally, one day I was driving down the road doing about 50 mph with my window slightly open. I was praying and singing, just enjoying the day. All of a sudden this bug flies in the window and slams into my ear. I mean it hit me so hard it hurt. I had to stop the car! I have been hit with bugs while riding my motorcycle but never driving in my car with a window that’s barely open. I looked down and this poor bug is out cold. I opened the door and threw him out just in case it did wake up, I’m sure it wasn’t going to be happy. Honestly I could not believe how much it hurt my ear and all of a sudden the Holy Spirit said “bug in your ear.” I’m like OK I get it! You have my complete attention but WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!!! I thought of Bill Engvall saying “here’s your sign” The Lord showed me that a “bug” is also another word for the flu or sickness, not being healthy. I remembered that a few days earlier I had given my son some advice. I thought it was good advice at the time but the Lord showed me it wasn’t. I had given him advice based on unhealthy thinking from my past, not advice that would line up with what God said about him and who he is in Christ. I got with him and corrected the situation immediately.
A few days later I was talking to another friend and she was telling me about a struggle she was having in a relationship she thought may not be healthy. She then told me that for the past few days she kept misplacing her eye glasses. She even thought someone was taking them because she knew exactly where she left them and they would be gone. I could hear Bill Engvall again “here’s your sign.” I told my friend the Holy Spirit said “you don’t need your glasses because your not seeing clearly anyway.” She knew what God’s word said about engaging in relationships that were not healthy.
Proverbs 1:10 & 15 My son, if sinners entice you, do not give in to them. My son do not go along with them, do not set foot on their paths.
I think we miss obvious signs because we don’t’ truly see ourselves the way God does. We will allow things in our life that are not part of God’s purpose for us because we don’t believe we are truly worthy. That of course is a lie.
Where are you right now? Is God showing you signs to move you in a certain direction? Are you coming up with your own signs to go where you want to go? Look at your situation with someone else as the main character, what would you tell them the Lord was saying? The same truth applies to you. God loves you and wants you to read your signs from His perspective. There’s Your Sign!
Gena’s Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment