Friday, October 9, 2009

For Crying Out Loud

I have a some friends that cry almost every time you talk to them. They tell me it’s so frustrating they even asked the Lord to help them not to do it. A friend told me the other day she doesn’t like to speak in front of people about personal things because she’s afraid she will cry and it makes her feel stupid. A woman I met recently confessed that she comes from a family of criers and none of them can get through a story without tears flowing.
I was never much of a crier but the older I get the more I seem to do it. Some of these women get embarrassed by crying and feel stupid getting upset in front of other people.
I don’t think crying is stupid, other things maybe, but not crying.
To prove my point I decided to share a story with you about something I did the other day that was the ultimate in stupid.
I went to the Metro PCS store to change my cell phone from Sprint to their company. I was talking to the salesman and going over the paperwork of what I would need to do. As we were filling out the papers he asked me for my Sprint account number. I told him I didn’t have it and he said I would need to get it in order to continue. I was bummed out because I didn‘t know it and really didn‘t want to have to come back. I said I would go home and get it and come back the following day. He looked at me kind of weird which is not unusual; people often look at me that way. I thanked him for his help and told him I would see him tomorrow and left. OK are you ready for this? I drove home, walked in the house, took out my CELL PHONE from my purse and called Sprint for my account number. As the phone was ringing I realized I could have done that AT THE STORE!!! What a ninny head. The guy probably thought I stole the phone or was up to something and that’s why I didn’t call from the store. I was so embarrassed. Luckily when I went back the next day he didn’t recognize me and of course I acted like I had never been there before.
I confessed this because that was stupid; crying in front of people is not. I read this to my daughter and she said” that’s not the stupidest thing you’ve done.” That’s encouraging. As always the Holy Spirit spoke to me about the crying situation.
Have you ever heard people say you should go in the ocean if you have a cut or infection on your body, how the salt water will do you good? Or when you have a sore throat doctors tell you to gargle with salt water.
According to my Google search, in some cases gargling with salt water has a cleansing action. The Lord told me the same rule applies with crying, tears are your own salt water. There is a cleansing that happens when you cry; it gets stuff out of you. He told me that not only does it help the person that’s crying but those tears help heal the people near by that have the same kind of “wounds.” They feel better just knowing someone else understands how they feel and they truly cry with you because they understand what you’re feeling. Tears tear down walls. People stop and listen when they see your vulnerable. It takes a brave person to allow their emotions to flow in front of people.
God says He catches every one of our tears; they are all recorded in His book. He obviously doesn’t think crying is stupid or He wouldn‘t have created it. He tells us in 2Kings 20:5 I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you.
So my gems I want to encourage you, if you’re a crier, don’t hold back. Let your tears flow and allow the cleansing to take place. Be the brave one to show emotion so others around you feel safe to do the same. Allow the Lord to heal you with the solution He himself designed, tears. And remember the best news is Revelation 21:3 I heard a loud shout from the throne saying,” Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”Who better to wipe away your tears then God Almighty, so go on, keep crying out loud!!!

Gena’s Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment