Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Whose On Your Ark?

A couple of years ago I was at a church service and the Pastor used a clip from the movie Evan Almighty in his message. At the end of the service the Holy Spirit said “Ark” to me. I was like yea I saw the movie it was pretty funny. The Holy Spirit again said “Ark.” I got a little nervous this time and said “yes I heard. I know your not telling me to build one, ha ha.. ..RIGHT???
He went on to ask me what the Ark represented and I said it saved Noah and his family's life.
I knew the Holy Spirit wasn't asking because He hadn't heard the story so I wondered where we were going with this.
He reminded me the sad part of that story is, other than the animals, it only saved Noah and his family.
The Lord kept that word in my mind and heart for a few days and showed me many different situations that could represent an ark. He said every time we help each other we are helping to save a life. By giving a person hope when they feel there is none.
It could be as simple as a kind word or helping a person move. Visiting someone in the hospital or consoling someone who just lost a family member.
I didn't share this conversation with anyone and just looked for different ways to be an Ark to someone.
My oldest daughter Amanda had a friend she was bringing to church at the time. He was a baby Christian and was having a hard time understanding the concept of God talking to him.
He called me one day and was so excited because it happened, God spoke to him!
I was like that's great! What did He say?
He went on to tell me he was in Orlando at City Walk and he saw something in a gift shop and God told him to buy it for me.
I of course told him he was right. Anything that had to do with buying me gifts was definitely from God :)
I asked him what it was and he said he wanted to wait and show it to me.
A few days later Amanda came by my house and said she had the gift her friend bought for me.
She held out her hand and guess what was in it?
A leather bracelet that said ARK!
I couldn't believe it. They had no idea about my conversation with the Holy Spirit!
It gets better. I wore this bracelet all the time. I hardly ever took it off.
It was so special to me that the Lord sent it and it confirmed to me that we really did have the whole ark conversation.
Gems, I sometimes think I might be crazy so I need these confirmations.
Like I said I wore my Ark bracelet everyday and one day I looked at my arm and it was gone.
I couldn't believe it, I was heart broken.
I searched for days every where I could think of but couldn't find it. I didn't want to tell my daughter I lost my Jesus bracelet, I felt so irresponsible. I finally went to Amanda practically crying and confessed I lost my bracelet.
She just looked at me kind of puzzled and said “don't worry about it, he bought 2 of them you can have the other one now.”
That's how well Jesus knows me, He knew I was going to lose that bracelet and how upset I would be about it. Is God good or what?
The Lord later went on to share with me the importance of the Ark in Noah's day but more importantly the ark, so to speak, in our current day.
Telling you about the bracelet is a cool God story but if I don't use it as a reminder to reach people for Jesus then it lost it's true meaning.
Matthew 24:36-44 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Gems, I know I have said these things to you before but I don't think it can be said enough.
God put it on my heart that each one of us is building our own personal Ark and we should all be getting as many people on board as possible.
We don't know when Jesus is going to return but we do know HE IS!
God gave me this visual of being in a boat and there's people floating in the water and I'm trying to pull as many in the boat with me as I can.
People are still living their lives, working, vacationing getting married, eating and drinking, just like in Noah's day. They still have no idea that Christ is going to return. When they figure it out it will be too late, they will have missed the boat.
How are they going to feel if they find out their best friend is gone and didn't bring them along?
I'm not saying they will have lost their only chance to live in Heaven with you, but they will have to go through the last days and if you actually read Revelation you know they won't be fun.
I wear my bracelet often to remind me I'm the captain of my Ark and I want to make sure it's jammed packed with people.
Don't be like Noah and just have you and your family and a bunch of animals on your boat. Start asking yourself today, whose on my Ark?

3 comments:

  1. Gena, the timing of this jewel and its subject is a God thing! Thank you for being you, and for writing your jewels and sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Blessings Gena,
    Awesome!!! Can I share some facts?
    The ark was built with gopher wood, a tree had too die to construct it. Jesus was nailed to a wooden cross and he died for us. The 'pitch' used to make the ark watertight is the Hebrew word for 'cover'. Jesus covered us (atonement)from all sin. There was only one door into the ark whereas Jesus is our only door to salvation. There were only three decks on the ark, 3, representing the Trinity. (A.R.K. = A Random act of Kindness)
    What a wonderful and inspiring person you are Gena.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS.
    Love the new Profile Picture!
    Paul

    ReplyDelete