Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Enjoy You

I was having breakfast with my grandson Lucas the other morning and he started singing a praise song.
“Holy holy holy is the Lord God almighty who was and is and is to come. With all creation I sing praise to the King of Kings you are my everything and I will enjoy you”
I laughed to myself that he got the lyrics wrong; it was supposed to be I will adore you and then I thought maybe he didn’t.
I started thinking about it, I will enjoy you.
How often do we enjoy God?
God wants us to enjoy things. 1 Timothy 6:17 Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy.
Ecclesiastes 3:13 and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor-it is the gift from God.

We enjoy a good meal or a relaxing massage. We enjoy a day at the beach or time alone but do we enjoy God?
I’m not talking about praying to God or worshiping Him, good things but not what I mean.
Don’t you like when you hear someone say they enjoyed spending time with you?
You didn’t do anything special or offer to do a favor you just spent time with someone and you enjoyed each others company.
Paul talked about this kind of enjoyment in
Romans 15:24 whenever I journey to Spain, I shall come to you. For I hope to see you on my journey, and to be helped on my way there by you, if first I may enjoy your company for a while.
Paul was getting ready to travel and do more work for the Lord but he wanted to have some time to just rest and enjoy the company of those who made him feel loved.
You may be asking how does one enjoy God.
Glad you asked. Not that I have the right answer but I asked myself this same question.
Here’s what I came up with.
I can see the most beautiful sunset and just enjoy its beauty and the one who created it.
I can be in the mountains, my favorite place, and see the fall colored leaves and enjoy the moment and the one who created it.
I can watch a program about the under sea world and marvel at all the crazy looking fish and bright colored coral and enjoy the one who created it.
I want to make time alone with God and not ask Him for anything or gripe about my day or whine about current circumstances and just tell God “You are my everything and I will enjoy you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment