Friday, March 25, 2011

Who Loves Ya

I had the weirdest thing happen the other night, maybe not the weirdest cause I have had some pretty weird stuff happen but weird none the less.
I was at a friends house and she was telling me about all the awesome stuff the Lord has done for her lately and just bragging on the love Jesus had been giving her.
At first I was like that's so great, and yea isn't God good, and that's awesome, but as she went on and on I started getting this jealous feeling.
I was like wait a minute your going a little too far with this love thing you got going on with Jesus. Didn't she know He was mine! Yea she could borrow Him but she was making it sound like they were exclusive.
I wanted to say WOE there sista don't you think your getting a bit carried away here? Ya know He is taken.
Gems it was the weirdest thing, I started having this conversation in my head telling myself that's it you are a Jesus freak! You can't get jealous about Jesus.
I told my daughter Jessica about it figuring she would tell me I finally lost it but she said she thought it was sweet.
I figured that was my clearance that I could share the story with you.
I tell people my motto is I'm God's favorite and it's my goal in life to help others feel the same way. Apparently my motto slapped me right in the face lol.
I love that God can make every person feel completely loved and special at the same time but honestly I can't really comprehend it.
Ephesians 3:19
to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

He never ceases to amaze me how He will reach out to His children when they desperately need to hear from Him.
Last night I was supposed to go to a movie with my friend April. We had to be there by 7 and at almost 6:30 we were sitting in bumper to bumper traffic and still had a ways to go.
I already knew God had other plans and was excited to see what they were. I noticed a Cracker Barrell sign on the side of the interstate and thought dinner there sounds good. I turned to April and said “I don't think we're going to make the movie” and she said “we're going to Cracker Barrell.”
I love when a plan comes together. We walked in the restaurant and within minutes I saw someone I hadn't seen in years. He just started working there as a Manager a couple of weeks ago and like I said we “just happened” to be stuck in traffic in front of this restaurant.
He ended up sitting at our table most of the evening and was in need of some encouragement. April and I did just that and we told him we would pray about the things that he shared that were troubling him.
Then there was our waiter. What an amazing young man, on fire for God and getting married in two weeks. There was an instant connection with him so before we left he also sat with us and I was able to pray over him and share what the Lord put on my heart for him.
Two of God's men that were apparently needing to hear from their sweet Jesus.
Psalm 144:2
My Steadfast Love and my Fortress, my High Tower and my Deliverer, my Shield and He in Whom I trust and take refuge, Who subdues my people under me.

I had a dream that night about a couple who are very dear friends of mine and I called the next day to share what the Lord put on my heart for them. My friend knew as soon as she heard my message that the Lord had something she was needing to hear.
There is no one like our God! That he has this intimate relationship with all of His children at the same time is phenomenal! (for Stacy)
One night I was at church and was saving the seat next to me for my son Anthony. The church wasn't full so there were plenty of seats but this man walks up stops right at my isle and looks at me and asks if the seat is available. I tell him I'm saving it for my son and then I say but you can sit here. As soon as it came out of my mouth I thought why did I say that?
He sat next to me and all of a sudden I had this overwhelming flood of emotion flow through me. I knew right away the Lord wanted to minister to this man. It was all I could do not to start crying, the love of God was pouring into me and at the same time I could sense this huge amount of pain inside of this man I have never met before.
Needless to say when the service was over I spent some time with him and told him how much Jesus loved him and he just wept.
I know that the Lord is only giving me a small portion of how He's feeling if it were any more I truly think I would explode!
At those times my Spirit is making the connection with the other person's Spirit and there is a communication that is unexplainable. It's such a precious moment and it has to be handled with care.
1 Corinthians 16:14
Let all that you do be done with love.

Gems I wake up each day and ask the Lord to give me someone to share His love with. Partly because I know it pleases Him and partly because at times I can't contain it. It is truly consuming!
I want to remind you, it's not that I'm special or have some super gifting that God uses me like this, it's just a desire of my heart and it can be a desire of yours too :)
Take some time today to share the greatest gift, the gift of love with someone. Look them in the eye and say “let me tell you who loves ya!”
1 Corinthians 13:13
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

2 comments:

  1. “You never know what God has instore for you, if you hide behind the friendship...sometimes it takes risking that friendship to find a love that will endure all things.”

    Paul

    ReplyDelete