Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Here Comes the Bride


Well Gems I had an yet another amazing experience in this journey I call my life. 
On November 9, 2012 my son Nathanael married a beautiful daughter of the King, Alex.
The wedding was small, personal and filled with love.
One of the moments I want to share with you is what they called “the first look.” The moment the groom sees his bride for the first time.
Because Nathanael and Alex had an evening wedding their pictures had to be taken before the ceremony so Nathanael wanted a private moment when he would see his bride and she would see her groom in their wedding attire for the first time.
I walked up to Nathanael just before the big moment. He was so incredibly handsome in his tuxedo. There before me was my little boy all grown up into a full grown man.
He was so nervous. I just held him for a moment and reminded him of how proud I was.
Then it was time, his bride was ready and standing behind him.
Alex was breath taking in her wedding dress, it was perfect. It seemed the person who made it some how knew she would be the one wearing it. Her makeup was lightly applied to enhance her already beautiful features. Her beautiful long auburn hair was a cascade of curls flowing from her head. Her nails were painted and sparkled almost as much as her eyes. Her veil in place and flowers in hand she was ready to meet her groom.

We all walked away so they would only see each other when Nathanael turned to burn this vision into his heart and mind. 

They wept as they looked lovingly into each others eyes. It was one of the most romantic moments I have ever been blessed to witness.

I don't think two people are any more in love than at that moment. The moment they realize they are about to marry.
It was then the Holy Spirit said to me “this is how you, the bride of Christ, look to Jesus.”


Jesus often refers to the church as His bride and Him the groom.
John 3:29 The bride belongs to the bridegroom.
Revelation 21:9 "Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb."

He relates our relationship with Him as the intimate relationship between a man and wife. but I never actually thought about the wedding ceremony.

Gems we are all brides of Christ. He loves us so much and just like all brides get ready for their physical wedding we should be getting ready for our spiritual one.

Revelation 19:7 Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.

Making sure you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is how you make yourself ready.

A day is coming when Christ will return for His Bride. At that moment we will see each other face to face for the first time.
We will be wearing white and he will be riding on a horse.


Revelation 19 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: king of kings and lord of lords.

Gems it doesn't get any more romantic than that. God loved us so much he asked us to marry His son Jesus and all we have to do is say yes.

And with that said you too can say “here comes the bride!”

No comments:

Post a Comment